1. v.cyr

v.cyr Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Greene, NY
    Finally got a new coop put up for our birds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its an 8"x10" tin shed from lowes with a doggie door added in the back... a little big for our 10 birds right now, but we plan on adding more to that number this year...
    inside

[​IMG]
    that is our black giant hen Aretha pushing a double yolker out of the nest( do they know that double yolks are duds?)

[​IMG]

a little blurry, I know... we have added another nest box in the one corner... the perches are big enough for all our birds, but most of them prefer the ground for some reason... they seem to like their new run too... and have as of yet proved unable or at least uninterested in escaping

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Congrats, though even in NY, you're going to need more ventilation to prevent moisture buildup. [​IMG] Feels good to have a new coop, doesn't it?

3. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Cyn is correct (as always!).

It looks great. I was wondering, WHERE did you get that six foot welded wire? I cannot find it!

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  4. macadam8157

macadam8157 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    NC, Raleigh
    Quote:Try Agri Supply, I think there is one or two in GA. Not sure distance from you, but there most def reasonably priced.

5. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:Try Agri Supply, I think there is one or two in GA. Not sure distance from you, but they're most def reasonably priced.

[​IMG] Thank you very much!

6. macadam8157

macadam8157 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    NC, Raleigh
    Quote:Try Agri Supply, I think there is one or two in GA. Not sure distance from you, but they're most def reasonably priced.

[​IMG] Thank you very much!

Welcome!

7. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Pretty setting! [​IMG] And x3 the suggestion of getting some ventilation put in - just cut you out some and screw hardware cloth over the openings - easy peasy.

8. bullington

bullington Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2011
    Great idea!

9. v.cyr

v.cyr Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Greene, NY
    Quote:thanks... I was planning on doing that this weekend... would just drilling a about a 5" patch at the top of the gables (each side of the seam) full of 1/4" holes work well enough?

Quote:I got it at TSC... $109.99 for what they called 100'... turned out to be more like 150', but I ain't complaining...

10. chickenlickin8

chickenlickin8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    Looks good! Suggestion...something across the front of your nesting tubs will keep the eggs from rolling out and keep the hay in [​IMG] Also, I'm sure you lock them in the chicken house at night but are there any predators where you are...raccoons, fox, owls or hawks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by