1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new cornish rocks and set up. help!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by superleo130, Mar 24, 2013.

1. superleo130

superleo130 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2013
    california
    hello im new to chickens and decided to get into a fast growing chicken so i can get expirience and get meat fast too. here is my set up and my chicks too. any help on these little guys would be great! i am from california. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  2. Hummingbird Hollow

Hummingbird Hollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Colorado mountains
    Sorry, got the "an error occurred, please try again later" message when I tried to view your video,

3. superleo130

Mar 24, 2013
    california
    yeah im sorry its been doing that all day idk what to do but thanks for telling me i wasnt sure if it was just me ill try again

4. Mikedero

Mikedero Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2012
    Watertown CT
    Looks like a nice set up I wish I had that.

My Only advice is look around the "Meat Birds section of this website there is allot of people who raise them.

Also for the layers your looking for go to the local tractor supply store or more local feed stores this time have chickens for sale. most are between 2.25-4.00 per bird

Good to see a youngster wanting to get into this keep up the good work

5. superleo130

Mar 24, 2013
    california
    thanks means alot and yeah im fairly knew to this and dont exactly know were to post my threads. but glad you could be of help.

6. jecombs

jecombs Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2011
    Looks like a good set up... for now. These little buggers grow fast, so now is a good time to be planning their grow-out pen. We have 11 Cornish X and they are 3 weeks old. They already have a good bit of real feathers and are getting too big for their brooder, so I am going to move them outside into the yard next week. We are going to use an old doghouse for their coop if I can figure out how to secure the opening at night.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mikedero

Mikedero Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2012
    Watertown CT

No problem another great area to look is Youtube type in "Raising meat Chickens" there is even videos showing how to process them and everything. I learned as much from both this site and youtube.

Ask the questions you want do not feel worried as everyone on this board was new and most are really good with helping..

Based on the size it looks like it is plenty big enough for 10 birds with no problem.

1 person likes this.
  8. superleo130

Mar 24, 2013
    california
    yeah they do i have already seen growth in my chicks after 3 days so hopefully they will go into the barn soon. but im not sure when they could endure being out there. is it as ssoon as they turn wight and loose the fuss? i dont wanna keep em in the brooder for long at all due to all the feet problems they seem to have

9. superleo130

Mar 24, 2013
    california
    indeed youtube has offered alot of help im already starting building a "de feather-er" and as too space after i procces all my cornish rocks do you think i could fit atleast 25+ barred rocks? or other dual pourpose chickens in there?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by