New, currently in lockdown!

ChelseyG

Hatching
Jun 4, 2016
Vermont
Hello all,
Ive been Reading the forums since I started incubating three weeks ago and it has been a huge help, as this is the first time I have incubated or owned any chickens!

Im on day 20 and in lockdown and sitting on the edge of my seat all day, waiting, wondering if I have gotten the humidity and temperature right! No pips yet, I had shipped eggs with saddle air sacs, so Im also trying the carton hatching method too. Im def sweating so far and anxious! I started with 25 eggs and only 7 made it to lockdown!
1f601.png

Anyone else in lockdown and waiting right now??
-Chelsey (from Vermont)

I have 2 pips tonight, checked before bed! They are a bit low on the egg though which has me worried and neither have completely broken through (made a full hole so to speak between outside world and inner membrane)

I guess Ill have to keep waiting and seeing what happens?? It must have been good luck posting here first because they pipped right after!! Lol
1f64f.png
1f60a.png

Wishing you the best too! Its hard to sit on your hands and wait after being so hands on turning them and candling them for nearly 3 weeks!

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us and congrats on your first pips!

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Hello and welcome to BYC - congrats on your first pips! You may wish to join the "Hatch-a-long" forum, and the "raising baby chicks" forum for any questions that you may have.

The "hatch-a-long" and "Incubating and hatching eggs" forums may be good places to share your experience and ask for advice.

All the best
CT

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Member Sally Sunshine started a wonderful hatching thread here where everyone is welcome to join. I know her personally and I know she is a bit of an "expert" on hatching, weird and wonderful air sacks etc. Hop over here and introduce yourself and let them know what's happening in your incubator:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...t-meet-new-friends-w-host-sally-sunshine/0_30

Sally and co would be happy to chat with and wait with you and assist if the need arise! Best of luck with your hatch!

Wow, sorry to hear that you lost over 2/3 of your hatch already. I had a very good experience (my first time) that culminated in 6 chicks out of 8 hatching last week. These were mail ordered eggs shipped from Wisconsin to Arkansas. I read the threads here for guidance (but didn't follow every "rule.").

I wonder if you had some eggs that just weren't fertile to begin with?

Back
Top Bottom