New Duck coop/pen!!!

EmAbTo48

Songster
8 Years
Jul 9, 2011
Northern Wisconsin

This is our new duck coop/pen for breeding! We bought a old used shed off craigslist for 100 bucks got it moved to our place for 150 put some paint on and bought new trim boards that will be white and still has to be put up. Then we we did some renovations inside of it with nesting boxes, shelves, cut holes on the side for entry and fenced in a area! We still have the white trim to put up and DH is working on the door that will be lockable for the outside pen which right now is just a old pallet :)!

Right now they are all together but we will be separating our sliver appleyard trio from our pekins in early January for breeding!

This is our new duck coop/pen for breeding! We bought a old used shed off craigslist for 100 bucks got it moved to our place for 150 put some paint on and bought new trim boards that will be white and still has to be put up. Then we we did some renovations inside of it with nesting boxes, shelves, cut holes on the side for entry and fenced in a area! We still have the white trim to put up and DH is working on the door that will be lockable for the outside pen which right now is just a old pallet :)!

Right now they are all together but we will be separating our sliver appleyard trio from our pekins in early January for breeding!
Very nice, are you going to plant some trees for shade and cover?

yesss.gif

Very nice, are you going to plant some trees for shade and cover?

Yes this spring I plan to plant some trees but of course they won't be super big and will take a few years to give the shade I am hoping for, as of now its winter so it will have to wait but will give me time to plan it out. We also bought Pond liners that have the valve on the bottom to be emptied we will be digging that into the ground this spring.

But I have been trying to find something for a little cover over them I am not worried for flying predators anymore as we have Great Pryenees that runs the field daily and loves to hang out down with the birds. Luckily its about 40-50 here right now for winter. They get the sheds shade for about half the day right now. But I will have to find something that isn't a eye sore for the summer that can give them some quality shade thought about using Red Tin and making a type of cover that goes out a few feet from the nesting box entrys for shade and coverage from weather....

Yes this spring I plan to plant some trees but of course they won't be super big and will take a few years to give the shade I am hoping for, as of now its winter so it will have to wait but will give me time to plan it out. We also bought Pond liners that have the valve on the bottom to be emptied we will be digging that into the ground this spring.

But I have been trying to find something for a little cover over them I am not worried for flying predators anymore as we have Great Pryenees that runs the field daily and loves to hang out down with the birds. Luckily its about 40-50 here right now for winter. They get the sheds shade for about half the day right now. But I will have to find something that isn't a eye sore for the summer that can give them some quality shade thought about using Red Tin and making a type of cover that goes out a few feet from the nesting box entrys for shade and coverage from weather....
Thats a great idea. Using Red tin. Please continue to post pics as you finish projects, it always gives others ideas.

Back
Top Bottom