New duck eggs

Do you have a boy duck?
Most people wait until the ducks been laying for a few months since the first eggs are small and wonky. So spring you're in north America.
Do you want only girl ducklings? If you want 3, you need to set hmm, 8-10 eggs I'd say, to make up for drakes and loses.

I have a drake and a duck. Yes they are smaller you're right! I do want a few ducklings but I don't know how I should take care of the other eggs..do you just take them from her?

Do you have a boy duck?
Most people wait until the ducks been laying for a few months since the first eggs are small and wonky. So spring you're in north America.
Do you want only girl ducklings? If you want 3, you need to set hmm, 8-10 eggs I'd say, to make up for drakes and loses.

I have a drake and a duck. Yes they are smaller you're right! I do want a few ducklings but I don't know how I should take care of the other eggs..do you just take them from her?
The eggs you get until you decide to hatch them? You can eat them or sell them. When you decide to incubate and want to keep them for incubation, you can keep them in a tilted egg carton (put a book or something under one end) on the counter or some place around 60 degrees for about a week to 10 day, that gives you ebough time to get enough, you could go longer but the chances of hatching go down after that.

I am in Pa. Is it a problem to have ducklings this close to winter?
Probably not a huge one but I wouldn't recommend it, I'd wait until spring.

Back
Top Bottom