New duck lover, rescued wood ducklings

Suwannee Ducks

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2021
Hi! I'm new to raising any poultry, and was "found" by 11 ducklings trying to find mama, who'd left an hour before. Long story short, I've raised 4 of those 11, and realized by 14th week, that they are wood ducks! I and my husband are USAF retired, recent transplants from Las Vegas, and now live in southern Suwannee County Fla. (We're originally from Ga/Fla, just needed to get back to our Southern roots) Thankfully, I stumbled on this website, as I was trying to find info on raising ducklings...calling and emailing rehabbers in the area was fruitless, no responses. So now, week 16, I released the 4, all flew off, 2 have returned, and don't seem interested in leaving! So I'll continue to learn, and keep trying to make it easy to leave...such beautiful creatures! I'm also a Master Gardener, singer, artist, I sew, crochet, knit, tat, and also have 2 German Shepherds and 5 cats...and my husband has been mending from back surgery...so I'm quite busy, to be retired. Love the info I see on this site, and look forward to learning more!
20210801_153442.jpg

Back
Top Bottom