1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Duck Mama Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DuckyMama0309, Mar 28, 2017.

1. DuckyMama0309

DuckyMama0309 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2017
    Pensacola, FL
    Hey all! As of three weeks ago I became a new Duck Mama to 1 Rouen duckling and 1 Khaki Campbell duckling. Both turned 4 weeks yesterday. Every time I would Google something I needed to know about ducks Backyard Chickens popped up. So, I figured I should probably just create an account and join in on the fun. I just thought I should introduce myself before diving in.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, DuckyMama0309, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our flock! Since you've visited BYC before I assume you have located the ducks links but in case you have not:
    Here's a link to informative duck articles: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/256233/ducks-sticky-topics-index
    And here is the Ducks Forum where you can post question: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks
    And you can visit your state thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Good luck to you and your ducks and thanks for joining BYC! :)

3. DuckyMama0309

Mar 28, 2017
    Pensacola, FL
    Thank you redsoxs! And thanks for the links. I will be sure to check out the one for my state, as I had already found the duck forums before signing up. :)

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. redsoxs has given you some great links, so I'll just say hi.

Best wishes
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under DuckyMama0309 [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some links to great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Congrats on your new ducklings!

8. DuckyMama0309

Mar 28, 2017
    Pensacola, FL
    Thanks everyone! It is definitely a learning experience for me with these ducklings. I think I need to go look through the duck forums to see how to get my ducks in their pool. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by