new duck mama

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by aldinino, Jun 25, 2016.

1. aldinino

aldinino New Egg

Jun 23, 2016
    montana
    hi friends!
    my name is andrea. my boyfriend and I recently raised our first little flock of ducks, and I immediately fell in love. they're such funny little characters.

after my boyfriend branno built me the floating duck house of my dreams (modeled after my family's log cabin in Maine), we've been integrating the ducks into our large pond. they've been sticking to the shore during the day and not really taking advantage of the whole thing, which has been interesting. but! it's still pretty new to them.
    excited to be on here as I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions come up as we continue this journey :)

[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Andrea. I don't know anything about ducks but, maybe the sheer size of it intimidates them. Other creatures may use it for their dens.

3. uncertainty

uncertainty Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2015
    Great White North
    Hi Andrea;
    I am raising my first flock of chickens. BYC is proving to be a fantastic resource, hope you will feel the same. That is quite the elaborate duck house, I am all envious. I am making do with a tiny converted shed while we figure out if Project Chicken is a good fit for the family. Maybe I will have the chicken coop of my dreams next year!

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Andrea and welcome to BYC - thats one mighty fine coop! I'm sure that you ducks will love living on the pond, once their confidence grows.

Best wishes

CT

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Andrea

Glad you could join us here! What a fabulous floating duck house you have there :D I'm not a duck person but I see you have posted in the duck section. I'm sure the other duck keepers there will be able to help you out with any questions that you may have.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

6. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Andrea! A floating duck house? Wow that's awesome! Welcome to BYC, hope to see more of you :D

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by