New Duck Mom - Tennessee

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by linshickerson, Oct 8, 2014.

1. linshickerson

linshickerson New Egg

Oct 8, 2014
    Tennessee
    I'm a new duckling mom to my little duck Maybe. I've have this one duck that was given to me that I've fallen in love with, and I'm looking here to find out some more information about and for him/her! I've been researching like crazy, and I'm so happy to find that so many people are welcoming inside ducks! This little duck has been spoiled rotten since he/she (still don't know yet!) came home with me. Don't worry, my little duck has a mirror that they are in love with and they think they are sitting with another duck.

I'm here on this site to kind of help me find new ideas on what I can do to keep Maybe entertained, healthy, and happy! Also, I'm really hoping that I can find answers to some of my duck questions and read some from people wondering the same things I am. I'm excited for me and Maybe to join this new duck world!

2. linshickerson

linshickerson New Egg

Oct 8, 2014
    Tennessee
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of my baby! Still trying to figure out if Maybe is a boy or a girl, and also what kind of duck breed I've got!

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    What a gorgeous little duckling. Many of us do not have ducks so can't give personal advice on them. Luckily though, you can go to "Other Backyard Poultry" forum above and find and post on the duck threads. The people there should be able to answer most of your questions. Good luck with your little duck. Welcome to BYC

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I have to admit that ducklings are the ultimate in cute. Definitely check out our duck section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks and take advantage of our duck experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your adorable duckling.

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC!! [​IMG]

Oh, what a cutie pie!!!! I don't know anything about ducks other than how cute they are. Definitely stop by our ducks section for more help. Michael has left you with the link.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

Definitely post your Duck questions in the Duck section. I don't know much about ducks, but I'm sure lots of people there will!

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Cute duckling! I would post your Duck questions in the Duck section of the forums. The people there are knowledgeable about ducks, and should be able to help. [​IMG]

8. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Cute duckling!

9. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Aww! Cute duck!!

10. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by