New duck mom

Antomongis

Chirping
Jun 11, 2020
I have never had ducks before so I am very excited about my 2 new Pekins, Nugget and Quackers! They are 2 months old now and I raised them in my room since 1 day old. They now live outside in a little coop and get my entire fenced in backyard to free-range and forage. They are such beautiful animals. I hope to add a couple of runners to my flock soon because I find them so adorable, especially as little ducklings lol. I attached pictures of the 2 of them, from when they were babies and from today. I am not sure of the sex and I would love to hear some of your guesses. I will also attach a video of them talking because I know that many of you experienced waterfowl raisers will be able to tell if they quack like females. I can't really tell yet because their voices haven't fully matured. When would they scant art to show a drake feather if they are males? I am so scared of bugs, but for my babies, I spend about 2 hours each day on the hunt for worms and grubs in my garden. I have 2 dogs, Gracie and Delilah. Delilah stays away from the ducks, probably because she is scared of what she could do to them if she got too close lol. Gracie, on the other hand, watches them out the window all day long, clearly interested in gobbling them up, so we keep her away. I have been looking at threads on backyard chickens since I first added these little guys into my family and the entire community has been so helpful. I finally set up an account last night to ask a specific question about emergency rations since I ran out of duck feed. So many people were quick to respond and provided me with great information and advice! Although I am new to ducks, I have learned a lot from my Pekins and will hopefully be able to help others in the community out with their questions. Thank you for the amazing welcoming I really appreciate it and I am so glad that such an awesome community like this exists for backyard bird owners!
6B65B392-5250-4100-9E3E-763405A0B958_1_102_o.jpeg
Photo on 6-12-20 at 3.43 PM.jpg
6E8641C4-1F0E-4278-A0EC-CB678D62B16A_1_105_c.jpeg
I actually can't figure out how to insert a video. Does anyone know? I would like you guys to listen to their quacks and give me guesses on sex. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom