NEW DUCK MOMMY

VictoriaMartin

Hatching
Jul 17, 2016
Well, I never thought I would be a duck mommy, but here I am. I was given a Muscovy duckling (I think "she's" a Muscovy) this week. She was the last one left of her flock after the barn dogs decided to be horrible. So, I'm now her new mommy and she is being loved!! I'm VERY new to this type of parenting, so advice would be GREATLY appreciated!! Right now, I'm feeding Kodee organic starter crumbles (non medicated), grit (she doesn't go outside) and freeze dried mealworms as occasional treats. I let her swim a few times a day but not for too long. I never leave her unattended when she swims. Kodee also had constant access to a shallow water dish. I never knew ducks were so loving and adorable!!! Kodee follows me around and likes to cuddle up in my hair while I do chores around the house (I'm not loving that so much, but if it keeps her happy...) Here's some pictures of Kodee! I really need some good advice from experienced duck parents!!!

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. No photo, but the folks on the duck forum will likely best your go-to forum.

Best wishes
Ct

How old and do you plan on getting her a buddy? Welcome and enjoy the little fuzzie, my only complaint, they grow up far too fast!

If you only plan on having the one duck, please consider having her as a house pet. Check out "show us your house ducks," thread to see how others manage it.

Back
Top Bottom