New Duck Mommy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DenverDucky, Mar 29, 2012.

1. DenverDucky

DenverDucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Hi everyone! My name is Carrie and I'm mommy duck to a two week old pekin duckling named Soleil. She is such a sweet girl who loves to cuddle and climb all over me. This is my first duck and I've enjoyed having her in my life! I'm not sure how to put pics into a thread but as soon as I do I will post them up. Thanks for reading and have a great day!
    -Carrie

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    What a precious avatar.. [​IMG] I assume that is Soleil? do you just have the one duck?

3. DenverDucky

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Thank you for the Welcome! The pic is of Soleil and she is my first duck :) I would like to have another but I will probably wait until next Spring.

4. MamaDuck1

MamaDuck1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2012
    California
    What a cutie! My first duck changed my life. Congrats on the new addition :D

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    She is adorable. [​IMG]

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    She's such a cutie! [​IMG] Congrats and [​IMG]

7. PetesMom

PetesMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia County, NY
    She is adorable! Coming from someone whos dealing with the disaster of being an uneducated newbie mom and only wanting one duck....I would get another one now! We got our boy last year and waited until this year to get more and hes a wreck from being alone :( Unless she will be in the house with you all the time...

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. DenverDucky

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado

Thanks! I was planning to have two but the second one died during shipping :weep: I thought it was going to be hard on Soleil but the moment I got to the car and opened the box to see her and cry over the loss of her sister Willow she just leapt from the box onto me and she never looked back. We buried Willow in my parents backyard. It was sad but I think she died early on since she was smaller and didn't look heathy like Soleil.

As far as indoor/outdoor I'm planning to be keeping her as a house duck, diapers and all hah I ordered ones as well made some so she's able to cuddle without the mess and she's already loving them because she can cuddle with me all the time :D

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  10. azhenhouse

azhenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    North Eastern Arizona
    [​IMG]

She is a cutie, but please read up on why you should have two ducks and not just one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by