New Duck Owner

AnjKar n Ducks

Chirping
Jul 14, 2016
The Battle Born State
My Coop
My Coop
I have a 2 ducks Cayuga Duck/Hen and a Khaki Campbell Drake. My Cayuga is around 6 months, when will she start laying eggs. I have them both separated. It's my first year so any tips will help!

It's also my first year of 4-H showing ducks and I'm the first in my county to show a duck, we are all still trying to figure out what to do. If you have any tips that will be helpful, I'm only showing the Cayuga. Thank You For Reading And Helping! :)

She should start laying eggs already or within the next 2 months. If not, next spring will be her time to lay. Is she for certain a female?
And why do you have the two seperated? What purpose would that ever serve except to be tedious and detrimental?

For showing, females aren't good for showing in the Cayuga breed, because they get white as they age. Males are better, and pluck the white feathers before a show. Females can only be shown in their first, and sometimes second, years.

She should start laying eggs already or within the next 2 months. If not, next spring will be her time to lay. Is she for certain a female?
And why do you have the two seperated? What purpose would that ever serve except to be tedious and detrimental?

For showing, females aren't good for showing in the Cayuga breed, because they get white as they age. Males are better, and pluck the white feathers before a show. Females can only be shown in their first, and sometimes second, years.

Thank You for the information! I'm sure she's a female she was sexed at the nursery, metzer farms. I separated because I found out that breeding a Cayuga with another breed is bad because there is only about 1,000 living now since 2013. I probably be showing a different dick next year hopefully, it's just my first year of ducks and 4-H so it's all new to me! Thank You Again.

Having them together is more so they have a friend and aren't lonely. Lonely ducks are stressed ducks. They may mate, but you can just collect the eggs.... they don't need to hatch. You can eat them, sell them or throw them away.

Back
Top Bottom