New Duck Parents

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by waddlesandwade, Jan 28, 2016.

1. waddlesandwade

waddlesandwade New Egg

Jan 28, 2016
    Pasadena, Texas
    Hello. My husband and I rescued two baby ducklings yesterday. We have named the new additions to our family Waddles and Wade. This site has taught us so much. We are open to learning as much as possible to give these little ones the best quality of life. It's been 24 hours and so far they are doing great! I work with dogs for a living so ducks are very new to me. I'm sure we will have many questions and we are open to learning all we can! [​IMG]

2. ryanhodapp

ryanhodapp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    St. Louis
    Welcome to BYC. I got my first ducks last summer. We love them---but they do make a mess with the water. Nice mud puddles for everyone.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! That's so nice if you to take these ducklings in :D I'm not a duck person but i see you have posted in the duck section. I'm sure the keepers there will be able to help you with all your questions. The learning centre has a great section on ducks that you might like to check out, here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/other-backyard-poultry-ducks-quail-turkeys-geese-etc

Wishing you the very best of luck with Waddles and Wade. Enjoy BYC :frow

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us. You certainly have been thrown in at the deep end somewhat, but good on ya for giving the ducklings a break. As Yorkshire coop says, there are lots of members that keep ducks, so feel free to go to that forum and ask away.

Since you work with dogs, how long do you think it will take before your ducks are sitting on command? [​IMG]

All the best

CT

5. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Cute ducklings! I hope the dogs don't present a threat to them.

Have fun!

1 person likes this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens - We get many new members that start out by saying their dog massacred their chicks. So forgive me for saying please supervise them around the chickens.

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Awww, they are so adorable!

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by