New Duckling Integration

dpenning

Crowing
8 Years
Jul 20, 2013
Blue Ridge, TX
Hey guys,

I have some questions about new duckling integration. My scenario is that I have one male pekin, (Street Food or SF) and 3 females. I was hoping that would be enough to spread the love but the back of the girls heads are getting a little thin. I want to order some sexed pekin females to hopefully expand his harem.

Where it could get tricky is the ducks live like wild ducks. I have a 5 acre pond they live on. I do feed them once or twice a day. Any time I go outside they come running for kibble. I have their pen that they were raised in that I would use as my bourooder and I'm hoping that feeding the existing flock next to the new babies would be enough to let them get to know each other so that when they are full grown I can open the door to let them integrate.

Do y'all think that will work?

That's pretty much what you need to do. 5 acre roaming area is pretty big I dont personally free range with out supervision so I dont have an experienced way to introduce in that way but I have dont multiple introductions.

I pen them up next to each other, give the supervised play time outside the pen and this allows them to get used to each other. I dont allow my males to mate my girls until around 4 months or they start laying.

Back
Top Bottom