New ducklings!!! Any guess as to what breed(s)?

SGM

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Easley, SC
Went to TSC today to get some goat feed and layer pellet but happened to pass the brooders on the way. Of course you guys know what this means. Yes I spotted the ducklings. I noticed immediately the black duckling and was already planning to get it even though my hubby hadn't made it back there yet.
tongue.png
Then it dawned on me that the 3 blueish ducklings weren't marked like Snowy Mallards like I thought at first. So yes I brought the 4 of them home and 2 chicks we think are Buff Orpingtons.

Here's pictures. What do you think they are? I figured the black one could be either a black version of the Blue Swedish or a Cayuga maybe? I don't know. The 3 blue I think are probably Blue Swedish. I'm new to this though.

Ducklings_4-19-091.jpg

Ducklings_4-19-092.jpg

Ducklings_4-19-093.jpg

Our Mallards are growing so fast. They're already 2 weeks old! Can you believe that? They've learned that when I am there and say, "ducky, ducky, ducky" that its either food refill time, waterer filler time or play time. So they cheep to me and come right to me. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Who would have thought I'd love ducks so much!
love.gif

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited! I just love my Mallards. I'm anxious to watch these babies grow too.

How much bigger are Swedes than Mallards?

Black runners do not have a white bib. There's way too much yellow on his chest to be all all black runner.

Standing upright is not necessarily runner when they are this little. They really don't start showing that up right stand until they get old, usually at least 1-2 weeks old. As babies, all ducks pretty much stand the same

Back
Top Bottom