1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New ducklings!!! **pic**

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by maralynn28, Mar 31, 2011.

1. maralynn28

maralynn28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Went to the feed store and couldn't help but come home with some ducklings!!! I got what I believe is a Cayuga, a Rouen, and not sure about the brownish ones.... They told me either Buff or Khaki Campbells but this one ducky has been running around upright, I kinda wonder if she might be a runner? Is this the right body type or does she just like to pretend she's taller than she is? lol Here's a pic of her hopping up the stairs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pic of all the babies...
    [​IMG]

2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

It could very well be a Runner. Here are my 3 I hatched 2 weeks ago
    [​IMG]

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I agree - it certainly looks like a runner stance... It really would be hard to walk away empty handed from the feed store when cuties like that are for sale.

Nicki - OMG two weeks already...it seemed like just a few days ago. Very cute too.

4. gofasterstripe

Yes 2 weeks this weekend. This photo was taken at day 3 or 4. I still have them, Ive advertised them but its been raining none stop for over a week. So once the rain goes away Ill advertise them again and hopefully get them gone. 2 of them are really tall compared to the little one. All of them are spastic compared to the Pekins Ive hatched!!!!. My babies last year werent as flighty as these 3 and its now rubbing off on the Pekins. When Im heading down the hall I shout the boogie mans coming to get you and I can hear them all run to the far side of the pool. These ones are a nightmare!!!

The Runners always hide behind the Pekins

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Hey go, can you sex your ducklings?

6. gofasterstripe

Elliot I guessed was a boy..he is...Gemini I guessed he was a girl..he was not. Out of the next 13 I only saw 4 winkies sticking out, the rest squirmed so bad I gave up, these 7 I didnt even try. I will be able to tell in about 2 weeks. If you want them come get them, they are yours...FREE [​IMG]

7. maralynn28

maralynn28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Corpus Christi, TX
    My babes are 2 wks also! I wish I could have found some local and not gotten them from the feed store. The feed store is going to get an earful from me, I will never buy ducklings from them again. They were all dirty when I got them (to be expected from splashing around in food and water together) but when I got them home and cleaned them up, some of them look to have some sores on them....especially their feet look all torn up. [​IMG] I tried craigslist and looked on here but didn't see any local babes for sale. The ones I did see on BI were already sold.

go- OMG, my ducky looks like it could have been from your brood! ha ha. I HOPE HOPE HOPE it is a runner! I mean, nothing against KC's but my dd has always wanted a runner and it would be nice to not have 2 KC...we have eggs coming out our ears already!! ha ha

8. gofasterstripe

Someone just came and picked up all 7 ducklings, no mess to clean for me anymore this month...untill the geese hatch out

9. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

in the first pic the one standing is a runner

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by