New ducklings

Mommahen2023

In the Brooder
Feb 20, 2023
Hello I went and got some baby ducklings at the tractor supply this afternoon. 3 of my ducklings are full of energy and my 4 one (daisy) she is walking normally just don’t act like she has a lot of energy, wants to sleep all the time and sometimes lays on her side. Is this normal

Hello I went and got some baby ducklings at the tractor supply this afternoon. 3 of my ducklings are full of energy and my 4 one (daisy) she is walking normally just don’t act like she has a lot of energy, wants to sleep all the time and sometimes lays on her side. Is this normal
Congrats on the new babies
You could check her butt to make sure she doesn’t have pasty butt
If it’s not that then maybe trying some vitamins
Some ducklings need more then others do. She could also just be adjusting to the new environment
I have one duck that is my nervous girl and all my others are not like that

Congrats on the new babies
You could check her butt to make sure she doesn’t have pasty butt
If it’s not that then maybe trying some vitamins
Some ducklings need more then others do. She could also just be adjusting to the new environment
I have one duck that is my nervous girl and all my others are not like that
Thank you for the advice. I have 2 that are very loud lol

I agree with @New duck mommy 2021. Sometimes they just need some extra vitamins and electrolytes to perk them up. Some ducklings just do hot handle the stress of being shipped as well as others. I always like to make sure that any vitamins or electrolytes I give have niacin. Poultry Cell is a good comprehensive vitamin supplement and Durvet poultry electrolytes does have niacin. If you go to the livestock supplement aisle at tractor supply Durvet also sells an 8 oz. Bag of their "multi" animal electrolytes which you actually get more bang for your buck for and it can be used on poultry (more niacin than their poultry specific electrolytes).

Back
Top Bottom