New ducks couple problems

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Yooperducker, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Yooperducker

Yooperducker Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2017
    Copper Harbor, MI
    Sisu has her new friends and there are a couple of issues. For those of you who don't know Sisu is the sole survivor of a shipment of five. The following week the new shipment came and all were fine. Now to your sage advice.

1. Sisu is being a jealous beast. Pecking at the young ones. What can I do to get peace to reign supreme? Right now I have her in a small timeout box with some hand warmers and a hand towel over the top.

2. One duckling had a piece of something black stuck to her head. On the ride back from the PO (3 hours) the others must have tried to peck it off cuz her head was red and a bit raw. I removed it with small nail scissors and put neosporin on it. Is there something else I should have done?

Please advise!:)

:confused:

2. cheezenkwackers

cheezenkwackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2016
    Memphis, TN
    I hatched three ducklings in an incubator last August. The first two hatched by Saturday morning and were fast friends by the time I assist hatched the third Sunday morning. When I first put the exhausted, weak, new duckling in, they pecked at him. Within a few hours they were all snuggled together and fine. Give them time, they will become close very quickly!
    The neosporin sounds right to me but I am no expert. I hope all goes well for you!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  3. Yooperducker

Yooperducker Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2017
    Copper Harbor, MI
    [​IMG]

Here they are, you can pick out Sisu by the size difference.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by