new ducks day

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by tbcpat, Sep 21, 2012.

1. tbcpat

tbcpat New Egg

Sep 21, 2012
    Well yesterday was the day but we are still celebrating. My wife, son and I had three Muscovy's and 8 chickens. one of my hens (chicken) flew over the fence looking for her mate-- we ate him-- looked in the neighbors yard across the street and The Lady called the chicken cops. they showed up at my door with code enforcement and arrested all my chickens. Not really but we did have to find a new home for our friends the hens. that was a couple of months ago and we have gotten over it.
    The Muscovy's are stealth ducks with clipped wings. so they weren't caught. Yesterday I traded a 22 rifle for four anconas and while they are not as quiet the are already getting more use to us and the other ducks the dogs and the bunnies. I think this may be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. I spent most of today in the yard piddling so they would get use to me going back and fourth. By 2 pm they were spending most of their off time by the back door watching my wife in the kitchen. the rest of the time clearing out the various insects of which we have an abundance.
    I will post pics as soon as I figure out how= when I can get my 15 year old to do it--
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Congrats on the new ducks... And [​IMG] we'll be waiting for pics when your 15 vyr old gets around to it. [​IMG]

3. tbcpat

tbcpat New Egg

Sep 21, 2012
    here are some more duckpics. and our coup de merde. The Yugo of chicken coops.
    [​IMG]
    nobody lives in here anymore. The chickens were in here at night. the ducks go in to make sure everything is OK the rabbits wont go near the place even if I put food in there. THEY know! I might have to cover the walls and move in there myself someday.

4. tbcpat

tbcpat New Egg

Sep 21, 2012
    Here are the new ducks--- Anconas. We haven't named them yet. So any suggestions should be kept to yourself, thank you.
    [​IMG]
    They are hard to see here but may get easier to work with once published. You know how models are. Shy then no limits or boundaries.

5. CalBells

CalBells Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2012
    San Francisco East Bay
    [​IMG]

6. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

Someone has our number.

7. Miss Lydia