1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Ducks.... lots o questions!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ChucktheChick, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Ok, just got three ducks. I will try to post pics, but cant do that till tomorrow. Would anyone have a guess of what breed with my best description?

Happy- a yellow main body with black spots and black and yellow feet and beak. Very loud. Loves to run around.

Latte- a brownish color all over with very dark beak and feet. Quieter, usually around the others. Larger than others.

Donald- black all over, even feet and beak. Loud when held otherwise mainly quiet. Smaller like Happy.

Oh, and when can you tell what gender they are? I am completely new so I dont know! Thanks everyone for your input. I will try to get pics tomorrow!

2. ChucktheChick

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Anyone?!?

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Not sure on Happy but Lattee sounds like khaki, and Donald sounds like Cayuga, please post pics when you can, Doesn't sound like Happy is Pekin. Pics will help. Congrats on your new babies.

4. ChucktheChick

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Thanks for your reply! I will get some sometime today. I have work, so it will probably be latter in the day. I have heard of those breeds, just never seen them. I have a picture that looks like Donald but it is not mine. Got it off the Internet. [​IMG]

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Was it listed under Cayuga? solid blk all over including bill and feet makes me think Cayuga. I love that breed. course I love them all[​IMG] oh and if it stands upright then it could possibly be a runner. [​IMG]cayuga ducklings does Happy look like this [​IMG]if so Ancona is what she is.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  6. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
  7. ChucktheChick

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Here are the babies!
    [​IMG]
    Top darkest is Donald, Then middle Happy, then bottom is Latte.

8. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

9. DucksnDaffodils

DucksnDaffodils Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2013
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Oh my! So adorable!!!!!! Definitely look like Cayuga, Ancona, and Khaki Campbell to me. And Happy is to die for cuteness!! I want him. Cannot wait till I get my Anconas in April1 [​IMG]

10. rubberduckies

rubberduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Kentucky
    I don't know anything about Cayuga but it could be a black Indian Runner. Mine looked just like that when she was a few days old. I'm pretty sure Latte is a Khaki Campbell. They are adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by