New Ducks.........new pics in the big yard

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by NellaBean, May 19, 2010.

1. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    I ordered 12 little ducklings from Metzer Farms....shipped monday and arrived at my post office early this morning. 8 runners (2 choc, 2 blue, 2 black, 2 fawn/white) and 4 Welsh Harlequin. Not a great photo....the big black blob is my cat's head inspecting them.

[​IMG]

The runners are all girls and the Welsh Harlequin are 1 boy, 3 girls.

After my last disastrous shipment (37 chicks, lost in mail, all died), I was super excited to get the phone call this morning. They all seem healthy and happy as can be. I have a single bantam chick that hatched last week, so I put them with her for now. I will separate them later today when I get home from work, and put them out in the big brooder in the garage.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    They are so cute.... and glad to hear they all made it after you last disaster.

3. fisharescary

fisharescary Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Oh, so precious.

4. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    Aww so cute! Congrats! [​IMG]

5. NellaBean

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    Only 2 more hours til I can leave work and go home to see the babies! today has been torture!

6. NellaBean

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    The ducklings are getting big. They spent their first day outside today.......and had fun bobbing for sprouts in their water pan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little pen was built for a pair of bantam cochins, so these little dudes can squash through the fencing if they want to. I am going to staple up some plastic mesh tomorrow just temporarily.

7. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    They look so good! I love your little pen. I'm guessing the little chick never did get seperated? [​IMG] How cute is that?

8. NellaBean

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    The ducks are getting huge! They are staying in a 8x8 covered pen, sleeping in a big dog crate at night. Their little bantam cochin friend is still in there with him.

[​IMG]

They enjoyed gobbling up a bag of peas last night. I sent my boyfriend a cell phone video if it and he said "wow, velociraptors"....LOL

9. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    N.Calif.
    Nice ducks and set up! I love the choc. runners, my son has his eye on some....geez hes getting 10 pencilled runners from Holderreads next week, hes doing duck math!!!

10. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    LOL, that little Cochin friend of theirs cracks me up! My Runners are in with my Bantam ducks, and even though they are the same age, the Runners are like these tall giraffs amoung the little people...Ha, ha,ha!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by