New ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SunAngel, Aug 28, 2008.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I bought these 2 little ducks at the auction last night for $1.60 each. I think I got a great deal, they are sooo cute! The box said Muscovy ducklings....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do they look like Muscovies? Any idea how old they might be? Any idea what color these two will end up?

From just looking at them, it seems like I might have gotten a pair. The more yellow one, seems longer and has a bigger bill and bigger feet then the brownish one. Do you think so too?

Thanks in advance for any help [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2008
  2. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Well I think my other post answered my own questions.

I had thought my two black and white ducks were Muscovies and wondered why these 2 new ones didn't resemble mine as youngsters at all. Turns out my older two are Black Swedish (thank goodness for this site and the smart people here!) and not Muscovies.

I think we will resell these two cuties, since we don't want ducks even bigger than my Black Swedish are. I am really looking for a pair of smaller ducks.

3. chiknlady

chiknlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    SE PA
    Here are my White Muscoveys at about 2=21/2 weeks old

[​IMG]

The Muscovey bill has a funny shape to it--kinda like a keystone part in the middle--I have found that pekins, khaki's and cayugas do not have the same shape...

4. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    They are muscovys, the one with the brown will be white and brown or black. The other looks like it is a bluish colour, may be a rippled blue or black on white. I had one and they look really neat. Cute ducks, good deal too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by