My Coop
Hi!
We have a new Easter Egger girl on the hill
smile.png

Here is her 1st egg:

286918747.jpg

And here she is:

286918752.jpg

She is blue and naked necked with a cute little bit of a crest.
She has an 'almost twin' sibling that hasn't layed an egg yet, but I'm sure it will be a greenie, too
smile.png

Woo Hoo!
Lisa

I think that is the most unique EE I have seen.
big_smile.png
Congrats on the egg hopefully, the other one will start laying soon.

So cool. Did you breed her? I have some questions if you did.
smile.png

Is the blue egg gene on her mother or fathers side? How many generations is she? I want to get long tails with the blue egg gene...I just don't know where to start. I was thinking of crossing my Phoenix with EE's...what do you think??

OHHHHH, She looks just like the one I hatched from you too.. Is there a chance mine might lay green eggs? I know you said that they were messing around with a few roos that you didnt expect. That would be cool if mine was a girl first and then layed green eggs second. I will post a close up pic later and see what you think. Jenn

Thanks!!
She is from a (Naked Neck x Silkie) hen mated with an Ameraucana roo.
[(Naked Neck x Silkie) X Ameraucana]

Jenn, it's possible, but I've only seen that NN hen jump over in the Rock pen.

It's funny to see how the genetics play out. I have a couple of feather neck girls (a blue, a black, and a splash) from the cross that got beards/ muffs, small crests and feathered shanks.
Both those naked neck girls are clean faced and clean legged.

So far everyone from the cross lays greenies.

Here are 2 of their male sibs (I'm hoping they carry the 'blue gene' too):

286148489.jpg

286148492.jpg

Lisa

Hey Dipsy, I have one of those! Actually, she also has muffs, and would have a beard if she were fully feathered. She's a necked neck EE. We call her Elvira because of her pork chop "sideburns". (She was Elvis until we figured it out.
roll.png
)

Boy Lisa, those are the most wonderfully ugly roos I have seen!! I JUST LOVE NNS!!!! I cant wait for more eggs!!! Winter or not let them eggers incubate!! I just love the rose comb on the white splash roo, very nice looking. It is so neat how you can cross and get colored egg layers in silkies and NNs.. Keep them coming. Also in the eggs you will be sending on Saturday what ever you want to put in would be great. I am not picky and love to have suprises:) As many NN for sure but anything else is always welcome. I will have to send you some turkey or guinea or duck, or even goose eggs next spring. I will have many!! Jenn

Back
Top Bottom