new EE chicks from TSC...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kahlua, Mar 14, 2012.

1. kahlua

kahlua Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    NJ
    Even though I got my SLW chicks last week, I couldn't resist calling around to see if any TSC's got any EE's in this week. All the ones I called only had black giants - I was hoping for EE's or silkies. I decided to try one more store...and they'd gotten EE's in. Five minutes later I was out the door to pick them up...

They are really cute - they seem calmer than the SLW's I picked up last week. I *think* there are 5 girls and 3 boys but I am brand new to chickens and feather sexing...

Here are a few...I read on another EE thread that the chipmunk ones tend to be males - that seems to be the case with mine, both chipmunks are boys (I think...)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Real McChicks

Real McChicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    California
    Aawwww- so adorable. I ws only allowed admire the ones at our TSC- we arent get anymore this year, but they are so darn cute. I think I spent 20 minutes just looking at all the chicks!
    BTW- our chipmunk EE chick turned into a pullet with lovely green eggs!

3. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Oh my goodness they're cute! I promised my husband no new chickens this year - but watch out for next :D

4. LilMissChz

LilMissChz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    North East, Maryland
    I just love new chicks. Yours are precious!

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    The first one reminds me of a monk I met. Soon they will be on the grow!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by