New Egger got a chick she can't identify

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wgidir, Jun 5, 2012.

1. wgidir

wgidir In the Brooder

May 17, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Bought my chicks and took pictures of the signs so I would know what I got - several different breeds - a couple of each or so. But now that they are 4 weeks old, I have a mystery bird I can't identify. Below in another post are four pictures that I hope someone out there can help me with.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. Your images are not working.

3. wgidir

wgidir In the Brooder

May 17, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I see that and I am trying to figure out what I did wrong - so I found another way and put them in the post below

4. wgidir

wgidir In the Brooder

May 17, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Crowing

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    Hmm, I don't know about these babies, but I hope you get some replies! An elementary school class hatched a dozen of my eggs and a dozen eggs from another farm, then the teacher couldn't place the babies so they came back to my place. I have thirteen babies, and 10 of them are from my birds (yay, me for hatch rate!) and three look JUST like these and must be from the other farm because I don't have the genetics on the place right now to produce dark babies like this.

Anyone? :)

6. 1eggnog

1eggnog In the Brooder

May 29, 2012
    i think these are "black modern game bantam" chicks that you have

7. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Crowing

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    Out of curiosity, what makes you say bantams?

I know mine aren't, they're the same size and the rest, but I also know that the photos provided by the OP might be making you say that.

Just trying to expand my knowledge!

8. wgidir

wgidir In the Brooder

May 17, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    WalkingOnSunshine - I got these from our local IFA and with the hundreds of birds I had to choose from that first hectic day, who knows which ones got in which cage, LOL

1eggnog - this is a new one for me - never heard of that breed before - going to Google right now!

9. The black legs throw me off. Can you get a side picture of the little guy/gal?

10. wgidir

wgidir In the Brooder

May 17, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I will try but probably not tonight. We have gone from 98° to 59° and it is only 5:00. Call me a wuss but I ran home from school and put them back in the hen house with the brooder lamp. The wind is blowing so hard I thought they would end up in Kansas frozen popsicles!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: