1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Englander's.....keep your eyes peeled!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kbarrett, Dec 11, 2008.

1. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    I saw this on CNN. It's especially funny to me because when I was 9 or 10 I was at my grandparents farm tacking my mare to trail riding. As I was walking out of the tack room with her bridle she started uncharacteristically spazzing out. I looked around to see what was bothering her (which NOTHING usually did) and on the other side of the sheep pasture I saw an Ostrich [​IMG] Turns out it was an emu who escaped from a nearby farm. When I ran in & told my grandparents I wasn't fully believed until the neighbor called lol.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/cnn-news/18244636/detail.html

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I live in an area that has a HUGE ostrich farm, and one got away one day and surprized a man changing his tire on I-15. Pecked at his back and chased him down the highway. [​IMG]

3. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Can I just tell you this story?

I have a co-worker, a hardcore geek engineer. He does not go outside of the city, any city, very often. So one day we were trading ghost stories, and his was about a bizarre animal, the likes of which he had never seen before. Apparently he was driving with some friends and saw what he described as a Mysterious Creature. You have to sort of imagine this very dramatic description of a weird and bizarre creature from outer space, type of thing--7 feet tall! With a face like an anteater! And it blended in with the forest, then flapped away in one mighty leap! Never saw anything like it! Scaaaaaary!

I said, sounds like an emu. Showed him a picture of an emu. "Yes, but don't those live, in, like, South America or something?" No, dude, they live on ranches. People eat them. "People eat THAT?!?!?" Yep. "oh..."

Poor guy, he was really sure that he had observed an Abominable Bird-Creature...

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Ok that is hilarious - poor guy!!!!

5. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by