New Fabrics Today! Pics ~Hand Quilting Complete!! New Pics! ~

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by speckledhen, Sep 18, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Got some scrumptious new fabric today, some for a new project and some just because I love the colors. Check them out!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The yellow and buttery gold and a couple of the purples were here in my stash, but I was getting them together with the new fabric to make a bed quilt in blues, purples and maybe some gold for punch so laid them out on the picnic table. The bottom row are really more purple than blue except a couple that read purple or blue depending on the light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    [​IMG]

3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

What's worse than being a chickenaholic? A fabricaholic! [​IMG] I just love to sit and look at all the beautiful fabrics I have. Don't you? I dream alot, about all the lovely quilts they will make.

Those blues play funny tricks on you, don't they? Hmmm, is it blue or is it purple? Some can go either way.

4. speckledhen

Yup, these purplish-blues fake me out sometimes. I'll make something in my dark house, then, when I take it out into the light, the color completely changes, LOL. That dark one on the left in the first pic looks like water to me!

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    The purple is to die for.

6. speckledhen

PC, imagine you here in my fabric thread! You know, every time I see purple, I think of you (or Donny Osmond's purple socks [​IMG])

7. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I love your fabric. I really like how that little chunk of yellow fabric makes the purple and blues pop. Have you decided on a block pattern?

8. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:I can totally see the attraction of fabrics like that, especially if you make cool things with it.

It's fun to watch all the excitement and drooling smileys too. [​IMG]

9. Chick-a-roos

Chick-a-roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    Blue Ridge, GA
    The 5th photo down....3rd color from the left (green) I have that same fabric that I purchased from the quilting store at the flea market in Murphy! THANKS to speckledhen!! I went last weekend and found several lovely colors that I couldn't LIVE without! [​IMG]

I do love that shade/print of green since it seems so perfect for my fall projects and also great for a Christmas green!

10. speckledhen

Glad you liked the shop! I think she has some awesome stuff, though it's a small place. I was there today, plus at Wally World. They told me that when they remodel Walmart in Murphy next year, the fabric dept is a goner! [​IMG] I knew the new ones didn't have them, but why mess up a good thing?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by