new faces for the goat herd

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by shadowpaints, May 8, 2011.

1. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    went to gramas today.. bad thing to do when she has new babies! LOL picked out 2 that were born yesterday and friday they cant come home for 7 weeks.... but i brought one home lol here are the new ones!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] i cant wait to get every one home ! :)the last pic is the one i brought home today [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwww, sweet babies! [​IMG] Lucky you!

3. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    thanks! they are all does, so they will be added to the breeding herd in a year or so

4. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Cute! Do you not breed in the fall? or is that too early cause thy were born so late this year?

5. shadowpaints

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    Quote:the doe in the last pic was born 2/06/11 so she will be bred with the november/december herd. the others will have to wait till next fall, they were just born on friday and saturday . i cant wait to see the babies that the spotted doe throws! [​IMG]

6. glenolam

glenolam Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Canterbury, CT
    I want a spotted nubian soooooo badly. I love the dapple paint color on the first one!

Congrats on the new kids! I, too, just brought home two new goats on Saturday...they're older Alpines, but it's still always fun to bring someone new home!

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Do you have any new pictures of Peanut?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by