New favorite bible verse.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by HeatherLynn, Dec 14, 2011.

1. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I like this verse. I have never seen it before, its a bit different than most messages I have heard. My pastor would have loved to get me to be more timid. I have struggled all day with anxiety attacks and was just feeling a bit beat up. I get tired of my brain getting all screwy and taking over. I hate feeling afraid. I hate feeling the need to hide. Anyway I just googled random bible verse and here was this verse.

2 Timothy 1:7
    For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Thats what I want to have right now. A spirit of power, of love, and I will even take the self discipline. I like that it says he gave it to us. Thank goodness because I don't think I can earn a spirit of power or self discipline tonight. I need major backup when the attacks get this bad. I am going to go to sleep saying this verse and in the morning I am going to pray I can face a new day with a spirit of power. I am just trying to picture how different a day would be surrounded by those three spirits. I feel better.

2. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

The Word has a way of doing that, doesn't it? I will pray for you that your day will be brighter tomorrow. Here's a link to a new site that wants to pray for folks:

http://www.prayerangels.org/index.html

3. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    I don't know if I'd say necessarily three spirits, but the fruit of THE Spirit. Like here, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." (Galatians 5:22-23) a born-again believer should be exhibiting this fruit, which comes as a natural consequence of truly being changed by Christ. Note, I am not saying you're not saved; oftentimes we tend to "get in the flesh" and no longer walk in our born again spirit. But, those are the fruit we should be producing and can produce when we are led of the Spirit.

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh." (Galatians 5:16)

God bless! [​IMG]

-Daniel

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by