New feathered friends!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Ellis97, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Ellis97

Ellis97 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2016
    Good morning! We are the proud owners of 4 buff Orpington, 3 cuckoo Marans and 3 golden laced Wyandottes. Any suggestions are welcomed.

1 person likes this.
  2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  3. FlyWheel

FlyWheel Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

A second mortgage? [​IMG][​IMG]

4. MollySunshine

MollySunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2016
    Rhode Island
    I second that! I am hoping it's only the first year that the expense is great. Every week I seem to need something. They almost know me by name at Tractor Supply.

Enjoy your chickies. They really are great fun. What I am finding is there are fundamental needs to keep your chickies healthy and then there are things that are instinctual. This site has a wealth of information and every one is happy to talk you through your concerns. As I always say, there is textbook knowledge and then there's real practice. Textbook will give you the foundation and people here will give you every day experience.

Congratulations!

5. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    If you have any questions feel free to ask!

6. weasel killer

weasel killer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2013
    Congrats on your flock.Byc is the best place to start if you have any questions someone on this site will have answers. Check up on chicken illness because they will happen sooner or later and you will know how to treat. I feel since i have started raising chickens that i have become a chicken veterinary lol. Good luck

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congratulations! Enjoy them! [​IMG] So glad you joined us! You'll find lots of good people and info here too! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by