Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
From the time we converted to this new platform, there's been a LOT of confusion over this button:
upload_2017-7-12_11-41-55-png.36610

We've shown members how to upload pictures many different ways, as can be seen here: How to Upload Pictures/Attachments/Images to the new BYC

... but that "Image" button still confuses many peeps. So, we fixed it :D

Now when you click that button, you'll get this popup:
upload_2017-7-18_16-51-55.png

This popup give you these options:
  1. Upload a File - Browse for a picture & upload it. It will be placed in the "Existing Attachments" where you can click on it to instantly inert it.
  2. Existing Attachments - Quickly insert previously uploaded images. Click the "more" button to load up more recent uploads.
  3. Image URL - Insert images from other URLs.

NOTE: This button is only for individual file uploads. If you want to upload and insert a ton of pics at once, please use the "Upload a File" button under the editor window.

If you have any problems or issues with this new feature, please let us know. Keep in mind we need exact steps taken to duplicate the problem.

I just tested it, and while it took a little while to load, it pulled up fine for me in Firefox. What exactly are you seeing / not seeing?
Maybe I forgot how to use it? Anyway, I start by clicking the mountain icon, click the picture I want, then wait and nothing happens. :(
@Pyxis , @WVduckchick , were you able to get it to work?

Edited to add:
Just tested on BYH and it works fine there.
duno.gif

Last edited:
If I choose and EXSISTING file it doesn't work BUT if I choose UPLOAD a FILE it works.
Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 10.37.15 AM.png

Attachments

• DSC05749.JPG
    DSC05749.JPG
    332.2 KB · Views: 2
Still doesn't work as intended for me either, using Edge.

I click on the mountain, can see existing attachments, but when I click on one, it does not insert. I did catch a flash of what looked like a little "loading progress bar", but it still doesn't load.

I was able to attach this one by right clicking it from the existing attachments, copying, and pasting the URL into the space provided.

1092824-1d679f2795fa9396ccff516e94f574b6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom