New feed store chicks!! Still need ID help please!!

erin0415

Songster
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
North Texas
I went to the feed store to get chicken feed, and lo and behold...they had chicks!! Of course I couldn't leave without a few. I got 2 bantams and 3 NN. Does anyone have any idea what breeds the 2 bantams might be??

Bantam #1
001-1.jpg

Bantam #2
008.jpg

Bantam #2 again
009.jpg

My 3 NNs
011.jpg

015-1.jpg

016.jpg

Last edited:
The NNs are standard size. The 2 bantams were too cute to pass up. If they get picked on I'll put them with my silkies. The majority of my chickens are standard. Might need to make a bantam coop.
smile.png

Well, I would be happy with orpingtons. Always sweet birds. My last ones got eaten by a bobcat, but we haven't had a problem in quite a while.

The gray chick looks like pics of blue orpingtons that I saw, but I'm not sure about the yellow one. The standard BO chick I had before was a uniform yellow color all over. This one is almost white with darker yellow markings on it. I can't tell looking at pictures online if the buff orpingtons are like that or if they are solid. What have your experiences been??

Now that you mentioned it,,,,,,,,Maybe it will be white,,,,I dont know very much about genetics, but I think in the white there can be a silver gene or a gold gene and if yours had a gold gene it may be a white chicken when it grows up

Back
Top Bottom