New, first time chicken mom

Saantaru

Hatching
Mar 31, 2015
Hello, my family and I recently moved to the country (We live in South Eastern Ontario,Canada) and will be getting our first small group of chickens in April. We are converting a 12x8 shed into the coop and building an attached run. We are getting 6 red sex link pullets ( they should be around 18 weeks when we get them) so will hopefully have some eggs sometime in May.

We have a little over an acre and are really excited to have chickens join our family! I am sure I will have a lot of questions along the way and am so happy to have found this site.

Welcome to BYC! It's so cool that you're here. Love the avatar. While you're here stop by the learning center and the Review section, to me it's a great place to start.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Good luck with turing your shed into a coop.

And keep us posted on your chicks!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Red Sex Links are egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and along with my Black Sex Links, they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. You are going to get loads of eggs from those six girls. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your RSLs.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

Good luck with your future chickens! The Red Sex-Link is a great breed that I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom