new flat rate shipping boxes ~ March 3rd

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hazelton farms, Feb 26, 2008.

1. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I just got back from the PO and got given and shown the new flat rate boxes. They are bigger, but so is their cost! It's gonna be $12.95 to ship using it. I'll probably start using those as every time I've gone to ship lately, I've under estimated the weight by $3-$5 and ended up paying it out of my pockets, sometimes making no money on the eggs even. With the amount of bubble wrap I use, that can add up pretty quick! [​IMG]

Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know. Looks like they will hold quite a few eggs though. Seems like it'll work out well to be able to charge the exact right amount!

Stacy

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    They gotta pay us somehow! [​IMG]

Wish the P.O would make chicken shipping boxes. [​IMG]

3. Sherriekim

Sherriekim Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    Hey, thanks for the info. I just went online and ordered a pack of 10. [​IMG]

4. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I just ordered a mess of them too! Some of the eggs I sent out today cost me $16.70 and I only charged $15 for them (for a classroom thing), so with the bubble wrap, gas to the PO, etc. I'm out $$. [​IMG] Oh well, like I said, at least NOW I'll know what to charge.

Stacy

5. mergmet

mergmet Chillin' With My Peeps

Stacy what size are they? I have also been underestimating, mostly using the #7 box, 12 x 12 x 8

also, are your BO SQ?

(sounds like teenagers texting) LOL

M

6. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    12x12x5 1/2

No, I only have one exhibition orp. hen and she's sitting right now on a nest of unfertile guinea eggs, chicken eggs and duck eggs. Figures. LOL! But they all conform to the standard and color. We like the standard ones for laying well.

Stacy

7. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    So do I owe you Stacy?
    Do you need me to send you more money?
    I am sorry...I did not know. I dont ship eggs so I have no idea.
    [​IMG]

8. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Same here, I just paid $15 to ship the eggs, but at least I charged $15,so I just broke even. I may go to the flat rate next year.

9. mario2girls

mario2girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2007
    i find the 7x7x6 box that is priority mail free at the post office,,,
    if you take the egg carton and cut it in half and wrap with bubble wrap and a little news paper for buffer,,,works fine and it is 4.60 - 7.50 to mail,,,

10. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

yep , not a square shape which is good for the eggs, they will be good for everything but eggs with the postal services treatment. i don't think a bigger flat box will work. now a bigger square box would be ideal..

frank

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by