New Flemish Giant babies!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by MissDeb, Apr 24, 2008.

1. MissDeb

MissDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Mat-su Alaska
    Spring has sprung in Alaska, I LOVE this time of year. Both of my does have graced me with two wonderful litters.The first litter is now 4 weeks old. Im so excited! Looks like I ended up with Steels and Blacks. I want to find me a blue and a light grey.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

At first I was thinking....Flemish!?? Hmmm, what the heck are those?? Then..I saw the pics! OMG, BEAUTIFULL BUNNIES!!! Awwwwwwww....I wish DH would let me get some....but...I dont see them in the future. [​IMG]

3. MissDeb

Apr 22, 2008
    Mat-su Alaska
    If it helps any, the mother to the younger babies is 16lbs [​IMG] You could just tell DH that its a small dog (grin)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  4. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I'm looking at getting a pair on Sunday. Going to go check them out. They are just old enough now to start breeding. They are $50 for the pair though, so I hope I find something good! Any ideas what I should look for??

Stacy

5. QueenieBee

QueenieBee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    They are adorable! Little bunnies are the cutest. [​IMG]

6. belibutn

belibutn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    East TN
    Perky ears, clear eyes, docile and friendly. The pellets should look 'normal' - nothing runny or sticky. Also make sure the male isn't bigger than the female. Normally rabbit males are the smaller ones, but you just want to make sure that the babies are not going to be too big for the doe to birth or that the buck won't be too heavy to mate and end up hurting the doe in the process. Also, the general attitude of the parents can be passed on to the litters, so you want to make sure that both the buck and doe are nice.

7. MissDeb

Apr 22, 2008
    Mat-su Alaska
    Quote:Hi Stacy,

Here is a great website to help you on your way.

http://users.bentonrea.com/~frankz/fg.html

Be careful when it comes to breeding and dont breed them too soon. 8months or 14lbs is a good rule of thumb. $50 is a good price for two purebreds. Im charging $60-75 each depending on if they want a pedigree or not. I also have FG cross as well, those are our meat rabbits which are usually ready for butcher at about 8-10 weeks.

Other than that others have said everything else I was going to say....great advice! Good luck! Send photos when you get your babies home. [​IMG]

Debbie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by