New flock from Maryland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Justafarmgirl, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Justafarmgirl

Justafarmgirl Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2010
    Carroll County, MD
    Hey all. This is my first flock of chickens(We've had them before when I was young, but I didn't do anything but feed them)- the family farm raises cattle and I thought it'd be nice to put our abandoned chicken coop to good use, so I went ahead and bought a mixed batch of chickens from mcmurray hatchery :3 I got some delawares, some bantams and a WHOLE LOT of anconas! We've got some real pretty ones, and I just thought I'd find someplace where more experienced chicken folks than I could answer my questions [​IMG] We've got a flock of 23(Although one is sick at the moment [​IMG] ), we had 25 but some girls from next door thought they'd spirit two chickens away to be taken care of as pets [​IMG] I figure their parents(Who are friends of ours) will either return them or give us a phone call- I don't mind since the girls took two cockerels anyways XD Less trouble about taking care of aggressive birds later on I guess :3

My favourite two are Bibble(A pet name for my boyfriend), who is the dominant hen and has a mottled tawny colouration and is brassy as all get out, and will chase after you until she realises you're not going anywhere, so turns tail and runs someplcae safe! She's a riot :3 And Alyssa, who is a fluffy feather-headed brown girl, who is tame as can be- walks right up into the coop(which is well off the ground and about ribcage level), and up onto my hat while I'm changing their bedding or water dish. She'll ride around on me until she gets cold, and then will start making a ruckus until I put her back under the heat lamp :3

Man chickens are so awesome. Anyways, hello!

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. It is a great place. [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

A warm welcome from an imp in Washington

Congrats on getting chickens

Imp

4. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Welcome ,from Eastern Wa. good to have you with us.

5. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] fom south caolina/fla.[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

7. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Greetings from Tucson and [​IMG] Funny birds!

8. Brody's Broodello

Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Welcome and good luck with your new little ones. Where in MD are you from? In Conowingo here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by