New flock in North Carolina!

GoldenGalsNC

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2017
North Carolina
Hello y'all! I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. About 2 weeks ago we got our first 4 chickens and so far I think I'm doing pretty well with them. They were about 3 months old when we purchased them and we got a Black Australorp, a Black Star and 2 Ameracaunas....one white and one tan/brown sort of combo. As far as I can tell they seem to be happy and settling in well, but I have never been around chickens before...so I guess I don't know for sure! We have them staying in a small coop given to me by a coworker and that coop is inside a 10X12 dog kennel with a hardware cloth frame covering the top. I lock them in the coop at night and let them roam around the run during the day. They have been eating Southern States Start 'n Grow along with some kitchen scraps, grass, bugs, chickweed and whatever other plants they can reach from where they are. I guess I could go on about our set up, but that's probably enough for an intro. I am open to all suggestions and ideas and would love to meet some other chicken keepers, near and far!

Hello and welcome to Backyard chickens! Glad you joined us!!
wee.gif

Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
CT

G’Day from down under GoldenGalsNC
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received links to some good starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom