New flock just got mine today what do you have in yours??

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TexasJ, Dec 23, 2012.

1. TexasJ

TexasJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2012
    Texas
    Show off your mixed matched flocks and stories.............................
    This is my flock we picked out hours ago
    Can't remember all the breeds we have 7 total
    Polish something, production red, red stars, Ameraucana and a banta I can't remember what kind but she's the grayish one [​IMG]
    [​IMG] maybe one of you know so I don't have to call the farm lol

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I can;t post a picture because I'm not at home. But I have mostly Jerseys and Polish, a few Faverolles, a few Barred Rocks, Speckled Sussex, Wyandottes, 2 Silkies, and more......

3. TexasJ

Dec 8, 2012
    Texas
    Never heard of a faverolle sounds cool though I got all of mine in the coop only had to put five out of seven in there haha and only 3 are sleeping on the roost the rest are on the floor in the hay is that normal?[​IMG]

4. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm far from an expert. But the bottom photo sure looks like my Spanish Andalusian. Slim body, upright tail. She looks young. Like she's not laying eggs yet.

Mine are very curious and love to forage. Not at all fond of being held. I'm JUST getting them used to eating out of my hands. They are 20 weeks old.

I write that only to see if her personality matches.

5. TexasJ

Dec 8, 2012
    Texas
    Personality is great she loves to check people out its funny she is 2yrs old the oldest the we have all the rest are pullets the owner didn't want to sell her because that was her breeder but when my daughter didn't see any of the others she liked she called her over and said she can have her :) pretty nice lady

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  6. SarahJaneB

SarahJaneB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine hunker down on the floor in the corner instead of staying on the roosts we have. I don't know if it's normal but i think my problem is because the roosts are in the wrong place in the coop. I've been planning on setting up new roosts for them soon though. Hopefully that'll get them off the floor.

7. SarahJaneB

SarahJaneB Chillin' With My Peeps

Ohhh she's very pretty [​IMG] Sorry i don't know the breed but would love to know too. My flocks not mixed, just australorps. I hope to obtain some silkies and a couple other breeds over the next few months though hopefully

8. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    [​IMG]
    3 Barred rocks - Lucy,Sadie,and Peepers
    1 Production Red - Ruby
    1 Buff Orpington - Buffy
    2 Muscovy Ducks - Poppy,and Olly

This is one spoiled flock!!! they get a lot of treats! I have had the ducks for 5 years and the chickens for about 8 or 9 months now.

9. TexasJ

Dec 8, 2012
    Texas
    Nice flock I'm going to call the farm tomorrow and find out the breed( hope I don't look like fool doing so haha)

10. TexasJ

Dec 8, 2012
    Texas
    I'm going to put a lower roost bar in tomorrow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by