1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Flock Member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Frutfarm, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Frutfarm

Frutfarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2016
    Northwest Arkansas
    Hi! The hubby and I started with 2 Buff Orpington hens and a rooster 3 or 4 years ago. Now, we have 2 more BOs, around 21 Barred Plymouth Rocks who are in their 2nd season, 8 Brown Leghorn pullets and 1 BL cockerel, 8 Pekin (rapidly growing) ducklings, a stray Banty rooster we rescued from the neighbor dog, and now 5 freshly hatched mystery Banty chicks to eventually keep him company! Whew. It all happened so fast! I was so opposed to chickens to start and now I'm crazy about them.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. We are all enablers here, so no one will ever say, you have too many chickens. To us, there is no such thing.

1 person likes this.
  3. Frutfarm

Frutfarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2016
    Northwest Arkansas
    Thank you! I'm just so thankful to live in the country and, although we do have neighbors-we are all on 3 or 6 acre parcels. So, we keep our big flock on the back 1/3 away from the neighbors. Plus, we bribe them with a supply of free eggs[​IMG]! My friends keep sending me "chicken lady" messages on social media-sometimes it's "super cool chicken lady" and sometimes it's "crazy chicken lady." I'm excited to be in a group full of people who get it!

4. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard with us. Super cool or Crazy - you'll fit right in here, so please make yourself at home.

Best wishes

CT

1 person likes this.
  6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Coop Lanson

Coop Lanson Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2016
    Seems like this is the place to be! Spent enough time reading on here I decided to sign up. My name is Juran, I live in south Florida and I have just started my little farm of two Road Island Reds and two Khacki Campbell ducks. All females, for eggs only. Seems like once you get them out of the brooder stage things get a little easier, looking into the deep litter method! Very excited, my ducklings are super timid but my chicks are sweet as pie. I did name them, all after singers :)

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by