New Flock

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by nes, Oct 1, 2011.

1. nes

nes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Outside Ottawa
    Can anyone please help me I.D. my new flock? It's a bit of a long story, but I picked them up from a fellow keeper going through some personal challenges so I was just given the mixed flock she's had.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think he's a standard Araucana/Ameraucana rooster, can any give me a description for his colour?
    (or if he's something else entirely) He is a larger roo, smaller then my Dominique but Lenny is a BIG boy.
    Lovely personality, very sweet, good rooster!

[​IMG]
    Buff Orpington?
    [​IMG]
    Pretty sure on the right is a hatchery BPR

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bantam Araucana/Ameraucana?
    (there are two of them, but they are very similar)

[​IMG]
    If dad is a standard, and mom is a bantam, what sort of size should I expect from this little one?
    (Or is that a silly question and the answer is something between a Bantam and a Standard?)

[​IMG]
    These two I know!
    White crested black polish & a black bantam cochin.

Thanks!

2. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    He sure is pretty! Not sure though. I think you are right on the buffy... but the other ones I am not sure. I love the buff and black one. So pretty. You can always go to McMurray's website and compare pics too.

3. nes

nes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Outside Ottawa
    I've been trying to compare them to the BYC page, but I can't find anything that looks like the roo.

The matching girls may also be EE (since that is all the same thing) They have very funny, sort of pigeon-y faces.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by