New foods?

beckyschicks

Songster
13 Years
Sep 22, 2009
Iron Ridge WI
How do I get my chickens to eat and try new things. I didn't realize that they could eat some many things so I have been trying new things everyday. I already gave the 2 5 month olds sunflower seeds with their crumbles and the others just crumbles (sometimes bread) they are 5 weeks. Here is a list of what I tried and they won't eat any of it!!! Are they just fussy or am I doing it to early or wrong?
barnie.gif
Raspberries, strawberries, oranges, bananas, lettuce. They really like to bread and pancakes I gave them the other day but thats it. I want to give them yogurt and maybe oatmeal this winter but I fear it will be just a waste of time.
hmm.png

Yeah I have, after I did thats when I started to try new things. They are now moved into the barn (because it's to cold where they were, temp run and house in the yard) so they are chasing flys and other bugs, scratching in the dust and dirt. Very happy. I picked fresh raspberries today off the bush and brought them down for them and they have turned their little beaks up to them.
hu.gif
I have read that alot of starch is bad so they only get that sometimes. I guess I will just have to keep trying. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom