New forum/category???

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Hoosiermomma, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    With the economic times they way they are, is there anyway we could have a forum where people could post how they are cutting back, thrifty ideas, ways to save money/make money, and maybe combine that with eco friendly/green living? I don't know if that's something that would be possible but it's just a thought. If there is already a place where things like that are posted, please let me know.
    Thanks.....
    Debby [​IMG]

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

3. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:[​IMG]

4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    I love that site but what about all the other byc'ers who would benefit from a category like that? Most wouldn't know to go there.
    It could even include things like helpful hints, things to make life easier. For example someone posted the other day, a tip on how to open those darn clam shell type cases. Sure we couldn't have another forum/category for things like that. [​IMG]

5. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    You just made my day!!!! I found a far cheaper way to buy heartworm preventative for 5 50 lb+ and a 100lb+ dogs!!! AND it's the same stuff.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Instead of $65 per dog per year I can get down to $40 per year total [​IMG]

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:That is the reason we started the Sufficient Self board. So many wanted the same things you are asking and it is a great success!
    And it is due to people like you, looking for a better way to get things done!

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Many BYCers (including Staff) are members of both forums. It's easy to switch back and forth due to the handy links at the bottom of each forum.

(or you could just use tabbed browsing and have both open at the same time...which is even better. [​IMG] )

8. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:Oouh ouh I wanna know. Where?

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We decided early on that BYC wouldn't be an all things to all people site. That's why we started the other three forums for discussions that could each be their own huge sections on BYC:

www.TheEasyGarden.com
    www.SufficientSelf.com
    www.BackYardHerds.com

We don't prohibit gardening discussions here or chicken discussions on TheEasyGarden.com, but we do encourage those topics to be posted to those other forums. As each forum grows we expect each to develop their own unique personalities and members... and we're already seeing some of the exciting beginnings of that!

10. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Quote:Oouh ouh I wanna know. Where?

http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2408

Read all of the conversions, they can get tricky based on what strength you buy. I've found the 1.87% big tube here for 30 something at the feed store!!!! Looking at 1/4 to 1/2 cc for my critters!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by