New Forum for "Tinkerers"

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by spoggy, Aug 15, 2010.

1. spoggy

spoggy d'Anver d'Nut

Aug 19, 2008
    Carlisle Township
    Hey, I figured I'd drop this in here and see if it gets any traction. I know there's a "Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance" forum, but I was wondering if there couldn't be a title change to make it more inclusive. There's a lot of DIY stuff that gets posted, but you almost have to go through each forum to find what new gadget or gizmo someone has built to make life easier. Would it make sense to have a "Builders" forum, or just leave it the way it is? Again, it's just out for consideration.

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Interesting idea.

If it is a coop related tinker it should still go in that section. If it is a tinker for a feeder it can go in that section, and if it is for something else chicken related it could go into one of the other chicken sections or the "managing your flock" section.

If it isn't chicken related you have a couple options:

1) Post it in hobbies or random ramblings.
    2) Go to our sister site that has a whole section for this kind of thing: http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=20

3. spoggy

spoggy d'Anver d'Nut

Aug 19, 2008
    Carlisle Township
    Yeah, I know [​IMG] I'm just getting to be an old man and don't want to hunt around for those "pearls" [​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by