New Forum Member from East Anglia in the UK!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mimir, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Mimir

Mimir Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2009
    Hello my fellow poultry enthusiasts and poultrymen.

Following the standard template... I got my first chickens about a decade ago, 2 light sussex hens and a light sussex cock. I have 12 hens right now, a mixture of breeds(Rhode Island Reds, Light Sussex, hybrids) with 5 speckled wyandotte and 15 speckled sussex being incubated by 3 broody hens and an incubator(hedging bets) at 19 days as we speak. Some of the eggs have holes in right now so I thought it best to join the forum incase I have any problems. I joined this forum because I remembered the URL from browsing some time ago.

I have hatched plenty of chicks before mind, but not so many with so many mothers to be...

I'm a Computer Science student and unfortunetly have to go back to University in a few short weeks but I have faith in my mother to rear my chicks during my absense. Sort of... I will be returning every weekend or two to see my new chicks progress and I'm sure I will be shocked to see how fast they grow.

I'm also interested in how Computer Science can be used in the poultry and whole agricultural industry in general. If anyone else is too, feel free to send me a private message.

I look forward to enjoying this forum! [​IMG]

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Howdy! This is the greatest site ever. Even the more obscure things that you think no one else has ever experienced.. well, they have, and you'll find it here. Good luck a school, and I am sure they'll be your favorite mom's pets by the time you get back.

3. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! So glad you joined us! That sounds interesting, using computer science for chickens and agriculture. Best of luck to you!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] Fellow Brit !! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] this is the best site in the world and we all look forward to discussing your ideas!

6. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from Wisconsin

7. PulletPalace

PulletPalace Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Welcome and good luck with the hatch. Post some pics when they do! [​IMG]

8. Ehigh57

Ehigh57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Newnan, GA. 30263
    [​IMG] from Georgia

9. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington State

Glad you joined

Imp

10. Brad83

Brad83 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2009
    Bartow, FL
    [​IMG] Good Luck on your studies! from a fellow student. I attend the University of South Florida here in the US.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by