New from Alaska and BYH!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tastyacres, Feb 23, 2017.

1. tastyacres

tastyacres Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2017
    never stops learning!
    Hello, everybody!

A little bit about me- I lived in OR for all my life until 9/16/2016 to be in AK. I moved along with my parents and 7-siblings to be close to family. We moved to a small town of 3500-people, Seward, AK. We bought 1-acre of land and plan on small scale farming it, with 14 goats, 45 chickens, 1 milk cow, 1 donkey/mule/horse (still haven't decided which one to get, lol), 2 Bernese, 2 cats, and a few ducks. Down in OR I have 4 goats and hope to bring them to AK in a few months or so but I do have my dog with me. When I was younger I got into breeding chickens and jumbo Pekin ducks, and hope to start again once settled on our new property. Right now we are living on my nana and papa's property and hope to move to the property this spring once the snow melts.

I am an animal lover and a Christian!
    Sugar is my registered alpine, I plan on breeding her for experimental kids this year.
    [​IMG]
    The leader is my goober! I love this boy with all my heart! The leader is our breeder and fun goat. At a 200-pounds he is trained to let kids ride him and he also knows shake, lay-down, bow, bear-hug and is halter broke.
    [​IMG]
    Tasty is our farm mascot (our farm tame is tasty acres homestead) and fun wether. I have trained tasty to pack, lay down, jump, ride, bow, trot, come when called, halter broke, shake, kisses, and spin.
    [​IMG]
    My stinker Naomi! She is the brattiest goat on planet earth but I love her the most out of all my goats. She is an awesome milker and mother. I love my girl!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    My faveorit animal on the farm, Boaz! He is a wonderful companion and friend!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! So glad you've joined us. What wonderful pictures, I have a huge soft spot for goats and your's definitely look like they have a lot of character!

3. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Terrific introduction, loved all the pictures and reading about your trained goats!

4. tastyacres

Feb 23, 2017
    never stops learning!
    Thank you for the welcome! [​IMG]

My goats are full of character for sure!

5. tastyacres

Feb 23, 2017
    never stops learning!
    Thank you!

I am happy to be here with you'll

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under tastyacres [​IMG] Welcome!

Great introduction! I loved the pics of your adorable goats and Boaz.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Love your goats. Thank you for telling us all about them. Do you have trouble keeping them fenced up? We get so many people saying it is impossible. Yet I know there are people that have no trouble at all. I think Tasty Acres should take their "show on the road," people would be amazed at what they can do. I know I am.

8. tastyacres

Feb 23, 2017
    never stops learning!
    Thank you dd!

My buck will get out if there is a easy way out lol but other than that they pretty much stay in. I had a four foot high fence for them and it worked great.

I am not sure how the goats would do traveling but we are about to find out in a few months when there on their way up here.

9. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Welcome to BYC! There is a ton of information here, just use the magic search box!

Gary from Idyllwild Ca here

10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, tasty acres, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Fine looking goats. I plan to branch into that area myself in the next few years. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by