New from Colorado

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Choctawrabbits, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Choctawrabbits

Choctawrabbits Just Hatched

Oct 12, 2016
    Hi everyone! I am New being a member but have read posts in the past. We have been raising rabbits for 7 years but are New to poultry and fowl just since April. Just been trial by fire. So far our birds seem healthy and have been safe from predators. I am excited to see and learn from all of you!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. You'll find forums for all your animals here, so please make yourself at home.

Best wishes
    CT

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  4. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

5. blairctchickens

blairctchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2016
    North East Kansas
    Welcome from NE Kansas!!

[​IMG]

6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Howdy from Virginia, and welcome to Backyard chickens!! So glad you joined us, and I hope you make yourself at home here! You might like to hop on over and introduce yourself on thhttp://www.backyardchickens.com/t/68894/coloradoe CO thread here. I hope you have fun!

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] I'm sure keeping rabbits have kept you on your toes about predators. You'll like having chickens!

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

9. Choctawrabbits

Choctawrabbits Just Hatched

Oct 12, 2016
    Hi thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a farm girl at heart and free up on a horse but my husband and I really could only afford 2 acres where we live so we have small animals. Our kids show them in 4H. We love them, raise them and eat them. To me there is no better way to put meat in the freezer than to raise it yourself. Of course we have a few that we could never eat. They have become pets. But even one of those decided his fate today. A rooster named bonus toe. I think he will be enjoying a hot stock pot after challenging me this morning.

10. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Good decision. Life is too short to keep a mean rooster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by