1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New from Edenton NC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Zackman23434, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Zackman23434

Zackman23434 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2015
    My name is Zack I'm 24 and recently moved to Edenton NC where I purchased a home and 4 acres of land. 6 weeks ago I received 14 cute little chics from Murray McMurray. I have almost completed my coop(chickens went in Friday) and started the run today. I will be posting my story with pictures soon!

2. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Hi Zach! [​IMG] Welcome...waiting for those photos!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Zack nice to meet you. Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. I will be waiting for your photos [​IMG]

4. Zackman23434

Jul 17, 2015
    Test photo[​IMG]

5. Zackman23434

Jul 17, 2015
  6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. NatureChica

NatureChica Chillin' With My Peeps

What a bunch of cuties. Congratulations on purchasing such a wonderful spread and welcome to BYC!!! :) [​IMG]

8. Aitchs12

Aitchs12 New Egg

Nov 12, 2015
    Hello: We are in Edenton on 2 acres and are just completing the coop. Looking forward to having some chickie babies but probably not until spring. Weather etc.
    Yesterday I was alarmed to be told that B/Y chickens were no longer allowed.. Have not been able to reach An official yet to clarify. Do you have any info? I see no amendment in the ordinances. Many thanks.

9. Zackman23434

Jul 17, 2015

Hello, I have not heard anything about this. However, I wouldn't doubt that if you live within city limits that this wasn't true. There is already noise ordinances in the city part. But I live in the agricultural zone of chowan county edenton. I guarantee they aren't banning BYC in a farming zone haha. I would identify what zone you live in and go from there. I know that in the short time I have been here I learned that there is a rift between the farming community and the city community. City officials want growth and expansion in other words they want money. There is so much farming land and agriculture in chowan that they want in order to do this and the agricultural community isn't budging nor will they ever.
    In my opinion growth and expansion are beneficial so I can't blame them. However, I think they should concentrate on improving what's already within city limits like doing something with the huge vacant buildings that aren't grocery stores anymore before they worry about building on precious farm land.

I think it's pretty hilarious because it isn't really a city downtown and probably never will be. But I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a push for banning chickens within city limits if they haven't already.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by