New from FL -- a beginner looking for info

10xmama

Songster
12 Years
May 14, 2011
North Florida
Hi,

I'm Kristin from FL. We have recently built a new home on a 4.5 acre piece of land. My children and I want to start keeping chickens. I am totally new and in the researching mode. DH is handy and will build me a coop ... I came here to glean info and hopefully get started on the right foot. Thankful to have found this site!

Go to the Learning Center (link at the top top of your page, in the middle)

welcome-byc.gif

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif

Glad to have you join us. You'll find a lot of knowledgeable folks on here willing to provide information for you. Also check out the home page for lots of great information.

Hi Kristin & family! You'll find TONS of helpful information on here about coop designing, construction, and fortifying against predators, how to choose the right chicken breeds for your location / desires, etc. Go to the Learning Center and pick your topics of interest. Take the time to read all the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and general information, too. There are lots of friendly, helpful folks on here who are glad to share their time & experience. Glad you could join us -- hope to see you around the forum soon, and often!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom