New from Fresno, CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by amandacv86, Sep 20, 2012.

1. amandacv86

amandacv86 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2012
    Hello! I'm Amanda and I just wanted to introduce myself before I start posting. I'm not allowed to have chickens so I'm getting quail instead, hopefully next week.

We live in a house where the property has been in my Husband's family for over 100 years. The neighborhood isn't so good anymore and I know there are a lot of people that keep chickens anyway. His cousin lives a few blocks away and had roosters in his front yard. The only real thing that's stopping me is that someone called the city on the house before we moved in about a patch job my Husband's dad did on the roof(since been replaced), which caused them to require our car port and back shed to be taken down because Grandpa didn't get a permit when he built them. It's all a work in progress. I know it's not recommended but I have a couple ideas in mind where I can build one and how I can make a coop not visible from the street.

I've been lurking for a few days and I'm eager to start posting!

:D

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG]

4. Extra Java

Extra Java Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Southern CA
    My Coop
  5. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Hello,

[​IMG]

6. amandacv86

amandacv86 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2012
    You are awesome![​IMG]That's just what I need.

I want to put in the dog area, obviously they will have their own run, but the dogs would be able to see them. I think I could squeeze in a pretty good sized run down the side of the house a little bit. I'm not really worried about them picking on chickens because they don't bother my rabbits in that sense, but they bark at anyone they hear walking on the other side of the fence, so I'm worried about stress. I try to call them inside after they're done going potty, but I don't always hear them right away. I've let one of my rabbits hop around the living room supervised and they follow her but I think she enjoys it. That may be hard to explain, but rabbit's are prey animals and they like "prey play" like running through tunnels. Sometimes when the dogs are standing at the outside of her pen she paces around as if she's trying to get their attention.

7. jbirds2012

jbirds2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2012
    paicines, ca.
    [​IMG]
    howdy neighbor, were not much more than a stones throw away from ya. wow !!! ya gotta keep that puppy ( house and property ) and figure out a way that the great, great, great, great, great grand kids can keep it in the family. who knows maybe by then they might come up with a law that states " any and all chicken coops that have been erected and housed chickens fer a year or so safely, can not be tore down with out an act of congress" and the way congress works, it ll take 150 years or so to vote on it, so one of your desendants can post a pic here on BYC saying " here's my new chicks, we house them in the coop that my grandma Amanda built way back in the 2012's were guessing from the records we didn't find at the former "city, chicken rules, codes,restrictions,and we just don't like chickens and why would anyone want to keep a chicken in the city anyway building" that mysteriously caught fire and according to the report that barney fife jr submitted, " that a little old lady from pasadena", was "driving some big ol green tractor over it ", " plowed that sucker right under, it did " was the quote. according to deputy fife jr :) good luck wit cha :)

8. Extra Java

Extra Java Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Southern CA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

10. aaabirdman

aaabirdman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    NY
    Welcome to BYC from NY[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by